Her word was a combination of control and time. I ended up coming across a quote by K. Bromberg "Time is precious, waste it wisely". It brought me to reflect on the promise that I made to myself when I turned 40. I said that I wouldn't live my next 40 years as I did my first.
Don't get me wrong, in all my seasons of my life, good or bad - I have come to realize that it was MY journey of blessings and lessons, even if I didn't realize it at this time. Since I made this promise I have tried to be very intentional in the decisions I make professionally and personally so I can be free to enjoy the work I do and the people I love. So how am I making this happen:
1) Asking for Help: Especially the things I hate doing and/or hindering my plan to turn my business full-time Since I have been a child I have learned to rely on myself to get things done. I have come to understand in the last couple of years that "multi-tasking is really doing a whole bunch of things shitty". As a result, I have had to relinquish my Superwoman complex and sit on the sidelines while my Partners-in-Purpose help me get my business to the next level.
2) Time Blocking: I still work full-time as I build my empire, so I cannot tell how literally every
second of my day has to be accounted for in order to make it productive. I do work long days, but with time blocking I am still able to get the necessary rest to rejuvenate each night.
My hours for my full-time job are flexible, but I have given myself a schedule of 8 am-4pm. I wake up between 5:30-6:00 am each day. Start my day of by committing it to God, asking Him to be present as I interact with people and create opportunities where He is using me to live out the life He has planned for me.
Between 6 am-8am, I solely dedicate this time going through any emails that came in overnight and send out replies, make a list of any call backs I need to do during my unpaid lunch that I take between 12-1 pm each day, and completing client tasks for online agencies that I contract out my services to. From 8-4, I do my full time.
Starting from 5 pm-10/11pm, I work for my AboveAllAdmin clients this can be either stream of business: HR or Business Solutions. Depending on what I am working on, I time block in intervals of 15 minutes. For example, if I am doing research for a resume, I will block out for 30 minutes. If I am creating a presentation, I book a minimum of 1 hour.
The last 15 minutes of every day is always used to book what I know needs to get finished and/or start from 5pm-10pm on my next working day (only Monday to Friday).
3) Networking: I am introvert in every sense of the word. I love working from home, but at times can be isolating, and I find can hamper both my creativity and productivity. So I have joined various Meetups and Facebook groups that allow me the opportunity to accomplish a few things:
1. Get me out of the house!
2. Interact with other entrepreneurs and/or potential clients.
3. Learn about new skills and trends that I can incorporate into my business.
Disclaimer: Everything that I have implemented to date is a work in progress. I have learned that in order not to allow my high expectations of myself to not consume me negatively when I feel I have let myself down by not mastering change immediately, I take the time out and thank myself each time I do it, I have to learn to come that the small wins are more important than the big ones.
I would love to hear about please post on my Facebook Page what you are doing to get free to grow
personally or professionally in 2019. Add the tag #getfree2019 to your post.
I would love the opportunity to fellowship with you. For a free consultation to discuss your business needs, please book your appointment here.
You can also visit our website www.abovealladmin.ca and review our packages. If you have further questions, fill out our contact form give us a call at 1-844-824-9103.